Job title: Skilled/Semi- Skilled Operatives
Reports to: Factory Section Leader/Factory Management
Hours of work: Mon – Fri. 7am – 4pm
Hourly Rate: £16.27 per hour
Net Zero Buildings, part of the Premier Modular Group are one of the leading Modular building providers in the UK providing buildings to a host of sectors including education, healthcare, commercial & industrial and retail. We are committed to developing new buildings that are higher quality, delivered faster with lower costs whilst being kinder to the environment and helping the UK move a step closer to its net zero future.
- Undertake routine production tasks including but not limited to assembly activities, material preparation activities and equipment installation.
- Assisting skilled operatives in the fitting of relevant components of the buildings to create a quality finished product. Assembling metal stud frames at assembly benches, timber stud frames at assembly benches, fixing sheathing boards to stud frames, insulating wall panels and joinery related work as required.
- Have the ability to read drawings issued and cutting lists to perform tasks set.
- Have the ability to complete assigned paperwork as part of the daily tasks set.
- Experience of using handheld tools and power tooling desirable.
- Ensuring that all work is of the correct and expected quality level.
- When required visit site to assist with installations, snagging and troubleshooting.
- Comply with all safety regulations e.g. PPE, walkways, safe manual handling techniques looking for and suggesting opportunities to improve safety systems.
- Ensure good housekeeping standards are achieved in your area.
- From time to time undertake training as directed by your line manager, in order to improve skills and refresh existing skills, which will benefit NZB and you as an individual.
- Lead by example personally setting the standard in safety and quality never accepting compromise in these areas. Challenge bad practice and report non-conformance to your Section Leader.
This is an outline description of the key responsibilities and accountabilities involved in the job. This is not an exhaustive list, and the post-holder might be expected to undertake any other duties across the wider organisation, commensurate with level of responsibility of this post, for which the post holder has the necessary experience and/or training.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
We are looking for people with skills in:
- Modular/Caravan joinery & assembly
- Plaster boarding/Stud Walling
Ideally applicants will have a minimum of level 2/level 3 NVQ in joinery or carpentry but we will also look at candidates qualified by experience.
- Positive, self-motivated and able to work effectively without close supervision – Essential
- The ability to work as part of a multi-functional team, respecting alternative professional skills and opinions – Essential
- Excellent communications skills – Essential
- Ability to travel as required – Essential
- DBS Check if required – Essential
DIVERSTIY & PROMOTING DIGNITY AT WORK
NZB recognises the contribution of all employees to deliver our Business. We expect staff to value and respect diversity and to respond to the differing and diverse needs of others. We aim to have an environment free of bullying or harassment which would create an intimidating and unpleasant atmosphere impacting on staff wellbeing.