Job title: Material Planner/Scheduler
Reports to: Head of Design
Hours of work: Mon – Fri. 9am – 5pm
To produce project material and labour reports for NZB design department
- Produce material lists to suit factory scope of work for NZB.
- Produce labour lists to suit factory scope of work for NZB.
- Assist with part code creation, ensuring all fields are filled in correctly.
- Create & maintain standard sub-assemblies for NZB in line with latest design/factory requirement.
- Maintain document connections to parts/sub-assemblies within the system.
- Assist with general housekeeping tasks.
- Attend daily/weekly project meetings.
- Liaise with factory over shortages/deliveries/demand.
- To build good working relationships with the Premier Modular family.
This is an outline description of the key responsibilities and accountabilities involved in the job. This is not an exhaustive list and the post-holder might be expected to undertake any other duties across the wider organisation, commensurate with level of responsibility of this post, for which the post holder has the necessary experience and/or training.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Minimum GCSE level including Maths and English.
- Able to quantify materials accurately from construction drawings.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Suite of packages including Excel and Word.
- Lively personality and strong work ethic.
- Work under pressure and be able to manage time effectively.
- Good attention detail.
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to learn to read design drawings and do take offs.
- Work well within a team.
- Ability to prioritise urgent material requirements.
DIVERSTIY & PROMOTING DIGNITY AT WORK
NZB recognises the contribution of all employees to deliver our Business. We expect staff to value and respect diversity and to respond to the differing and diverse needs of others. We aim to have an environment free of bullying or harassment which would create an intimidating and unpleasant atmosphere impacting on staff wellbeing.