Job title: Section Leader
Reports to: Manufacturing Manager
Hours of work: Mon – Fri. 7am – 4pm
Net Zero Buildings, part of the Premier Modular Group are one of the leading Modular building providers in the UK providing buildings to a host of sectors including education, healthcare, commercial & industrial and retail. We are committed to developing new buildings that are higher quality, delivered faster with lower costs whilst being kinder to the environment and helping the UK move a step closer to its net zero future.
- The primary role of a Section Leader is to ensure they meet all Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Continuous Improvement targets.
- Provide high level of leadership and line management to their team, ensuring that people are motivated and adequately trained to carry out their roles.
- Ensure that the team are fully briefed on day-to-day targets and that they understand priorities.
- Identify and raise any resource issues before they arise and re-balance labour within your peer group and across the factory in order to keep production moving.
- Ensure return to work interviews are carried out after periods of sickness absence.
- Managing A/L requests to ensure that production can continue in your area.
- Ensure that all relevant recording and monitoring is completed in accordance with company policies with a focus on safety near miss reporting, safety behavioural observations, QA/QC checks and non-conformances. Carrying out root cause analysis and investigations where required.
- Monitor stock levels to maintain the correct balance of having materials available for use but without holding too much stock in the production area.
- Be a champion for good housekeeping in your area. Conduct audits as required and ensure actions are closed out to maintain a high level of housekeeping in your area at all times.
- Ensure all tools and equipment in your area are clean, serviceable and ready for use in production activities.
- Be responsible for the training of new additions to the team in your area.
- Lead by example personally setting the standard in safety and quality never accepting compromise in these areas.
- Undertake improvement projects as directed by your line manager.
- Ensure that all manufacturing processes and procedures are adhered to reporting any deviations to your line manager and putting in place sustaining actions to stop their re-occurrence.
This is an outline description of the key responsibilities and accountabilities involved in the job. This is not an exhaustive list and the post-holder might be expected to undertake any other duties across the wider organisation, commensurate with level of responsibility of this post, for which the post holder has the necessary experience and/or training.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a supervisory role within a manufacturing environment – Essential
- Experience leading continuous improvement projects in a manufacturing organisation – Desirable
- Experience in an operational role within a high growth manufacturing environment – Desirable
- Advanced communications skills – Essential
- Ability to travel as required – Essential
- DBS Check if required – Essential
DIVERSTIY & PROMOTING DIGNITY AT WORK
NZB recognises the contribution of all employees to deliver our Business. We expect staff to value and respect diversity and to respond to the differing and diverse needs of others. We aim to have an environment free of bullying or harassment which would create an intimidating and unpleasant atmosphere impacting on staff wellbeing.